ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP is a 27 point dog vs Boise St and Boise St prediction

Tech is in the Big 12 and will have a TV contract like 4 or 5 times the value of Boise - once they expand. Of course taking AAC teams, though you claimed they were the same.

You have a grudge against the Big 12. It’s cool. Probably weren’t accepted to their schools and had to settle for UTEP or Western Tech.
Regardless of the contract or conference you're still mistaken bro. We're talking about public perception. Just because Rutgers is in the Big 10 or Wake Forest is in ACC and have a piece of bigger TV Contracts what does that mean to Utep Fans or NCAA Football Fans in general.

Regardless of the contract or conference you're still mistaken bro. We're talking about public perception. Just because Rutgers is in the Big 10 or Wake Forest is in ACC and have a piece of bigger TV Contracts what does that mean to Utep Fans or NCAA Football Fans in general.
Most fb fans see those type programs the same way we look at a rich guy who is only rich because they were born into it and did not earn it.

Reactions: nattybry
You’re right. And they’re still not close to being on the level of Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona, and Texas Tech. All of whom, you could charge “premium” pricing for.

Perspective matters. Boise State is as "premium" a game as UTEP can get. And it's not like UTEP is going to charge $160 like Ohio State is for the Oregon game. It would be a reasonable "premium" as compared to playing against Bethune-Cookman.

How many New Year's or BCS bowls has TT played in or won?
Boise doesn’t play against Texas, Oklahoma, Baylor, and Oklahoma St every year. They also haven’t been to a BCS game since 2014. If Tech played against New Mexico, Wyoming, Fresno, and Hawaii every year, they would be more successful too.

So a UTEP football fan is more excited to see Boise St over Texas Tech and Arizona?

Actually NMSU should cost a small premium because we've been playing them since 1914. Rivalry to some of us.
Why? They’re a worse program than UTEP and that’s saying something. It’s okay to charge people more for the worst program in the US? Will Oklahoma charge more to see UTEP over UCLA?

Perspective matters. Boise State is as "premium" a game as UTEP can get. And it's not like UTEP is going to charge $160 like Ohio State is for the Oregon game. It would be a reasonable "premium" as compared to playing against Bethune-Cookman.
Sure, but still not the same a game vs a P5 team. Rutgers and Wake included

Why? They’re a worse program than UTEP and that’s saying something. It’s okay to charge people more for the worst program in the US? Will Oklahoma charge more to see UTEP over UCLA?
Because normally the game is very popular. More demand = higher price. Not the same premium as would be charged for a big name team

Reactions: JCorona
Boise doesn’t play against Texas, Oklahoma, Baylor, and Oklahoma St every year. They also haven’t been to a BCS game since 2014. If Tech played against New Mexico, Wyoming, Fresno, and Hawaii every year, they would be more successful too.
TT has an inside door to those premium bowls. Boise St had to knock down the door to get it.

TT has an inside door to those premium bowls. Boise St had to knock down the door to get it.
And they did a great job at doing so. They’re not going this year unless they run the table the rest of the way. Their program now, isn’t the same as it was 10-15 years ago.

Because normally the game is very popular. More demand = higher price. Not the same premium as would be charged for a big name team
Most schools charge a bit more for a rivalry opponent. Then again we're talking about a few dollars. If people are complaining about paying 2-4 dollars more maybe they really can't afford to be at the game to begin with.

The last game in El Paso drew less than 20,000. Again, you’re okay with paying more to see the worst FBS program in America? Especially when posters on here claim we’re “above” them.

Most schools charge a bit more for a rivalry opponent. Then again we're talking about a few dollars. If people are complaining about paying 2-4 dollars more maybe they really can't afford to be at the game to begin with.
It’s perception and value. If I sell a burger for $10 and it’s superior to McDonalds burger they sell for $9, how do you feel about paying $9 for a shitty burger?

And they did a great job at doing so. They’re not going this year unless they run the table the rest of the way. Their program now, isn’t the same as it was 10-15 years ago.
15 years ago they had never made a major bowl appearance and only had 6 years at the FBS level. Since then they've won 3 big money bowls while their worse season was 8-5. In the last 10 years alone only four teams have won more games than Boise St. If I could find the data for the last 15 years I would guess it's safe to say they would be ranked as #1 in wins in the country.

It’s perception and value. If I sell a burger for $10 and it’s superior to McDonalds burger they sell for $9, how do you feel about paying $9 for a shitty burger?
If I go to a place that I know sells shitty burgers it's kind of my fault, no?

UNM is charging $21 for endzone tickets plus a add on fee of $4 per ticket for this weeks game against NMSU. The same seats are $16 for the Air Force game.

Last edited:
UNM is charging $21 for endzone tickets plus a add on fee of $4 per ticket for this weeks game against NMSU. The same seats are $16 for the Air Force game. So it isn’t just a UTEP thing.
Yeah but utep needs to sell $5 tickets. We need to offer 1980's prices. At the end of the day inflation has not hit the campus yet.

Reactions: FedupMiner
The last game in El Paso drew less than 20,000. Again, you’re okay with paying more to see the worst FBS program in America? Especially when posters on here claim we’re “above” them.

NMSU being our biggest and closest rival, yes.

Okay, we’ll guess I am wrong. The board consensus is that paying more for NMSU is a great move. 2Step can drop his superiority complex he has then.

So a UTEP football fan is more excited to see Boise St over Texas Tech and Arizona?
Arizona yes TT no, plus there's a bit of a rivalry at least in Miner fans minds, due to the fact that we've played the red raiders well at home. Arizona is a decent game due to proximity that's it.

Since 1995, the Miners have won 5 non-conference games over teams other than FCS, NMSU, and UNM.

2020 at La-Monroe
2011 vs Colorado St
2008 at Louisiana
2006 at San Diego St
1996 at NIU

Did you know UTEP has a losing record against all C-USA teams?? They have losing streaks against pretty much everyone in CUSA. They're very long losing streaks also.

If UTEP has to sell cheaper tickets to get folks to attend and that builds up the fan base, I'm fine with that. But sooner or later ticket prices should go up, assuming we eventually have a good product on the field. Otherwise, if we always have to have cheap tickets we may not have a football program down the road.

If UTEP has to sell cheaper tickets to get folks to attend and that builds up the fan base, I'm fine with that. But sooner or later ticket prices should go up, assuming we eventually have a good product on the field. Otherwise, if we always have to have cheap tickets we may not have a football program down the road.
I think the same amount of people will show up whether tickets cost $8 $10 or $14.

I liked the idea of $5 and free tickets to FCS games.

For all other FBS games I don't believe a few dollars in price keeps people away. It's either they want to go or they don't.

The non-die-hard UTEP fan wants an undefeated team on the field and $5 premium seats. When in reality we need $20 nose bleeds seats to afford to keep our status as a cupcake team to beat up on for another team's homecoming game.

I think the same amount of people will show up whether tickets cost $8 $10 or $14.

I liked the idea of $5 and free tickets to FCS games.

For all other FBS games I don't believe a few dollars in price keeps people away. It's either they want to go or they don't.
I’m sure there has to be a good price point, especially for a home opener. I don’t know what the profit margins are when they host games because I’m sure they have a lot of costs when it comes to security, vendors etc but you have to get people in the door. Stadium policies being what they are, people are going to spend some money on concessions because they need something to drink. I wonder if UTEP would attract more fans with a lower priced ticket instead of giveaways.

I’m sure there has to be a good price point, especially for a home opener. I don’t know what the profit margins are when they host games because I’m sure they have a lot of costs when it comes to security, vendors etc but you have to get people in the door. Stadium policies being what they are, people are going to spend some money on concessions because they need something to drink. I wonder if UTEP would attract more fans with a lower priced ticket instead of giveaways.
I believe UTEP already has among the lowest tickets in the country. Maybe a little more expensive than NMSU since we raised our $10 GA tickets to $13 for ODU and $14 for UNM. Charlotte raised their $10 GA tickets to $60 for Duke. $40 for Marshall and $25 for the other CUSA home games. Imagine the outrage if UTEP did those kind of increases.

What do you think GA tickets should be and do you think it would really make that much of a difference? Imo people already made up their mind about attending games without having to see the prices.

I believe UTEP already has among the lowest tickets in the country. Maybe a little more expensive than NMSU since we raised our $10 GA tickets to $13 for ODU and $14 for UNM. Charlotte raised their $10 GA tickets to $60 for Duke. $40 for Marshall and $25 for the other CUSA home games. Imagine the outrage if UTEP did those kind of increases.

What do you think GA tickets should be and do you think it would really make that much of a difference? Imo people already made up their mind about attending games without having to see the prices.
Charlotte went to a bowl game in 2019 and many were canceled in 2020. Is UTEP coming off a bowl appearance or hosting an ACC team???

Did you know UTEP has a losing record against all C-USA teams?? They have losing streaks against pretty much everyone in CUSA. They're very long losing streaks also.
UTEP has had 2 winning seasons since joining CUSA, so yeah, you can pretty much deduce they have losing records vs CUSA teams.

Charlotte went to a bowl game in 2019 and many were canceled in 2020. Is UTEP coming off a bowl appearance or hosting an ACC team???
If UTEP goes 7-6 this year you won't bitch if next year's schedule includes $40 GA tickets to a conference game?

If UTEP goes 7-6 this year you won't bitch if next year's schedule includes $40 GA tickets to a conference game?
It won’t. El Paso also isn’t Charlotte. You can look up the demographics and average household incomes for the cities to compare the discrepancy between the money if you need further proof.

That's why UTEP will continue to be left behind. People bitching about having to pay 3/4 extra dollars to watch a regional rival. While conference mates fork over $40-50 for the same ticket.

That's why UTEP will continue to be left behind. People bitching about having to pay 3/4 extra dollars to watch a regional rival. While conference mates fork over $40-50 for the same ticket.
Not really. The workers in Charlotte are making more than the ones here. I bet everyone at Charlotte makes a lot more than their counterparts at UTEP. It’s all relative.

Not really. The workers in Charlotte are making more than the ones here. I bet everyone at Charlotte makes a lot more than their counterparts at UTEP. It’s all relative.
That's exactly why UTEP needs to focus on 15-20k fans that are working professionals and don't sweat paying an extra $4 for a ticket.

Once again proving my point that the Sun Bowl is too big. People see empty seats and expect them to be free since they're unsold anyways.

Reactions: Minerforlife
That's exactly why UTEP needs to focus on 15-20k fans that are working professionals and don't sweat paying an extra $4 for a ticket.

Once again proving my point that the Sun Bowl is too big. People see empty seats and expect them to be free since they're unsold anyways.
Well the Sun Bowl was really built by the county fot the benefit of the Sun Bowl annual game. UTEP also benefitted by playing in a new stadium of 30k at the time, leaving old Kidd Field behind. The Sun Bowl was downsized a bit with the recent remodel. I've seen the capacity mentioned as 46 to 47k. But it's still listed as 51k on the UTEP website.

Well the Sun Bowl was really built by the county fot the benefit of the Sun Bowl annual game. UTEP also benefitted by playing in a new stadium of 30k at the time, leaving old Kidd Field behind. The Sun Bowl was downsized a bit with the recent remodel. I've seen the capacity mentioned as 46 to 47k. But it's still listed as 51k on the UTEP website.
I remember reading the same figure for the new capacity. It still looks huge when there's 30k+ empty seats on game days. Do you think any crowd this year will be over 20k?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT