ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP is a 27 point dog vs Boise St and Boise St prediction

UTEP’s defense looks decent. The running game looks good. I wonder if UTEP will be able to move the ball especially if Boise takes away Cowing and the passing game. If UTEP commits penalties at the rate they have in the last two games this game isn’t going to be close.

Reactions: MinerFan79
Boise 49
UTEP 7
The penalties have always been an issue with Dimel and they aren’t going away in a week. Boise makes us pay with the penalties.

Reactions: axingfools1
UTEP is 5-5 over the last 10 games. Granted 3 of those are FCS and the other 2 are against the two worst FBS programs.

Jury is still out on Avalos. I don’t know if this is the same old Boise St under him.

Has Dimel really played coy on offense the first 2 games?

Probably not.

Boise 42
UTEP 24

I am going to say it now because details matter. UTEP appears to be on a path to once again fail to hit the .500 mark under Dimel just because of the pile of penalties. Once again UTEP had two to three good drives killed because of penalties. B-C game should have been an ass kicking but UTEP keeps opponents in a game because they keep their drive going or give it right back. B-C put 10 just because UTEP can't stay disciplined for one drive (not to mention another TD due to fumble).

And the "dropped pass" bug bit UTEP again unlike the NMSU game which we saw quick strike, deep ball tosses that dismantled the Aggie secondary.

UTEP Dimel Football= "Jekyll n' Hyde" football.

If UTEP keeps penalties down and efficient:

UTEP 25
Boise 30

If UTEP has another huge pile of yellow laundry and dropped passes (drive killers): it'll be ugly.

UTEP 10
Boise 47

Reactions: shyminer81
It hasn't been reported, but the NMSU game was the second time that Hankins has dislocated his shoulder since camp started. This will be a season long issue/maintenance.

Awatt also sustained a minor injury to the same area of his left arm on Saturday as well. He was able to return after 2 quarters, but expect UTEP to be cautious with him this week as well(thus more Eldridge and Flores again).

It hasn't been reported, but the NMSU game was the second time that Hankins has dislocated his shoulder since camp started. This will be a season long issue/maintenance.

Awatt also sustained a minor injury to the same area of his left arm on Saturday as well. He was able to return after 2 quarters, but expect UTEP to be cautious with him this week as well(thus more Eldridge and Flores again).
Well thanks for the info. How about Wadley? It looked like he ran well against the Aggies.

I thought Wadley sustained some type of injury as well. Going into Boise with your fourth and fifth running backs is not optimal. Hopefully both Awatt and Wadley are available.

That sucks because Awatt is very capable of being a number 1 guy…especially while Hankins recovers. I applaud the kid for hanging in as a Miner through thick and thin. I’d take 11 Awatt’s on both sides of the ball.

What was up with Wadley? Played early and left

Reactions: axingfools1
Why? What is the injury? If he is 'saving' Hankins then that is total BS. Dimel is probably already planning his excuses.
I don't get your response. We all know Hankins suffered a shoulder injury and missed the 2nd half vs nmsu and didn't play at all vs B-C. After the BSU game we have a bye before UNM comes to town. This gives him the time to heal. You don't want him out for the year do you?

I don't get your response. We all know Hankins suffered a shoulder injury and missed the 2nd half vs nmsu and didn't play at all vs B-C. After the BSU game we have a bye before UNM comes to town. This gives him the time to heal. You don't want him out for the year do you?
I didn't know the extent of Hankins injury, or that Awatt or Wadley had any injuries. UTEPDefense just stated above that it wasn't reported. I haven't seen it reported here. How did you know?

And no I don't want him to miss all season. Dumb question.

The Hankins info is legit. He had on both a shoulder sling and a no hit jersey during the practices leading up to the NMSU game.

The Awatt news is not inside info. Anybody on that sideline Saturday night could see that they were working on that arm during the quarters that he was out. Then even after returning, he still favored that arm coming off the field. There was some speculation added in regards to UTEP having a quick hook with him for the Boise game.

I do not know the status of Wadley, but he remained both in his uniform and on the sideline for the rest of the game. He also appreared to be walking fine. There were regular guys like Prince and Ortega walking around with-out of their uniforms, but Q stayed in his.

The Hankins info is legit. He had on both a shoulder sling and a no hit jersey during the practices leading up to the NMSU game.

The Awatt news is not inside info. Anybody on that sideline Saturday night could see that they were working on that arm during the quarters that he was out. Then even after returning, he still favored that arm coming off the field. There was some speculation added in regards to UTEP having a quick hook with him for the Boise game.

I do not know the status of Wadley, but he remained both in his uniform and on the sideline for the rest of the game. He also appreared to be walking fine. There were regular guys like Prince and Ortega walking around with-out of their uniforms, but Q stayed in his.
It looked like Wadley got dinged up on the failed wildcat play on the goal line. He got up slow, and appeared a bit wobbly. Up to that point, he and Awatt were switching in and out nearly every play. Wadley never made it back into the game after that play. Awatt got hurt on the screen play, for sure.

What's wrong with Wadley?

So the odds are moving down a bit. BSU is now favored by only 26 or 25.5 depending on which service you use.

I didn't know the extent of Hankins injury, or that Awatt or Wadley had any injuries. UTEPDefense just stated above that it wasn't reported. I haven't seen it reported here. How did you know?

And no I don't want him to miss all season. Dumb question.
Sorry for the dumb question. No offense intended.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT