ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP/UNLV Game Thread

I've just lost all faith in the kid as a D1 QB. Good kid, he's tried hard, doesn't belong in the field. A new Spencer Leftwich.
That’s why I wasn’t too excited with him last week as others. I wanted to see him against an FBS defense first before anointing him the next Vick.

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
I've just lost all faith in the kid as a D1 QB. Good kid, he's tried hard, doesn't belong in the field. A new Spencer Leftwich.
I haven't but it doesn't look good. But this is pretty much the same untalented UTEP team it was last year sans for a few players.

UTEP has had 4 scoring possessions this year. All with Locksley on the field. I get it, the kid has D- mechanics and accuracy, but he GIVES you something with his athleticism and toughness. Coach him up, the bad mechanics are fixable. His mechanics can only get better with reps, reps he's losing to a guy who doesn't do anything good on the field.

Teich will also tell you how great the players and coaches are too
He seemed genuinely surprised, in real-time, that there wasn't a flag. He actually called the play saying there was a penalty (since he saw a blatant pass interference), and had to be corrected that the refs hadn't thrown a flag.

We took the ball over with 3 minutes left in the first half and I told myself that if UNLV scores again before half, then that means our coaching staff doesn’t know what they are doing with game management. Again, we had a first down and 3 minutes left in the first half. Instead, Canales comes out passing again and UNLV just scored another TD.

Our best player is apparently Winston Dimel.....and he has zero carries in the first half.

Our best running back is Wadley and he has zero carries in the second quarter. I am assuming that Wadley has to be hurt again?

I want to give this coaching staff a chance, but I seriously doubt this Canales thing is going to work.

Through this 13 soon to be 14 game losing streak we are averaging 4.76 points in the second halfs. Do we put up any points in the second half tonight?

UTEP has had 4 scoring possessions this year. All with Locksley on the field. I get it, the kid has D- mechanics and accuracy, but he GIVES you something with his athleticism and toughness. Coach him up, the bad mechanics are fixable. His mechanics can only get better with reps, reps he's losing to a guy who doesn't do anything good on the field.

Not sure his mechanics can be fixed but still agree that he gives us our best chance to put points on the board.

UTEP needs to keep it on the ground or UNLV will hit 60 barrier. UTEP had good success on ground early then go pass for four straight stalled drives.

Not happy? Well we shouldn't be! But did we really believe there was a chance? It's gonna take some time, we did look good for a bit and hopefully we can get something going in the 2nd half. As long as we are making some kind of progress it bodes well for the future.

Looks like UTEP and NMSU will play the toilet bowl game for the lone win for either school.

You going to "Like" that one Shovel Shit?

Reactions: 1KiddMiner
So Wadley was not hurt. Seriously, I want Canales fired. What a f%#$&ing idiot.

At least give me hope that we can get somebody calling plays who can be effective. Canales’ history and terrible knucklheaded performance tonight gives me no comfort that he is the guy that we should invest our rebuild around.

Looks like UTEP and NMSU will play the toilet bowl game for the lone win for either school.

You going to "Like" that one Shovel Shit?

I would be happy if UTEP won a bowl game last year. It may be a LONG time before UTEP not only goes to a bowl game, but wins a bowl game.

Not happy? Well we shouldn't be! But did we really believe there was a chance? It's gonna take some time, we did look good for a bit and hopefully we can get something going in the 2nd half. As long as we are making some kind of progress it bodes well for the future.
So far we are regressing or at best stalling. Our starting qb has negative passing yards. Our best rusher is not getting his name called. Our defense is giving up points like we’re playing a top 25 P5 team. The undisciplined penalties continue.

Another series that Wadley still does not get a carry. They assigned the fumbled snap to him on the last series, but he truly only has 2 carries tonight. We apparetly learned nothing at halftime. You can’t make this up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT