ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs Bradley: Title Game

A few things that stand out with Bradley. 5 guys average double figures in scoring. Two leading scorers at 16.0 and 12.0, both go 6’9” 205-210lbs.

Bradley, despite the length, seems to be losing the rebounding battle on average. They hold the opponent to 37% from the field. They shoot FTs nearly as bad as us. They turn the ball over quite a bit. They share the bb and have a lot of assists per game. Shoot the 3 at 37.7%.

I don’t think they’ve played against a defense as disruptive as ours is. To win this tho, I think UTEP has to shoot above 45% from the field and 65% from the stripe.

Didn't catch a whole lot of the Tulane-Bradley game, but I think I'd rather see Bradley than Tulane. Just my opinion based on not a whole lot of evidence.

One thing I did notice is that both teams seemed to play a lot of zone, which concerns me.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Based on watching most of the second half, Bradley is long but not meaty and they can pressure the ball with success. But this UAB team is a lot like UTEP but not as slick. Miners have better defense, but it was the first game of the season.
I suggest you watch the last half of the game, and the OT I linked above and make your own opinion.
In the game against Cal, the Miners threw up a lot of bricks to open the game but the defense created opportunities. Golding might have a different rotation based on his best 3 point shooters to open up the zone. UAB had a lot of success playing a pressing tempo like the Miners. I predict the Miners win by 4 with a final score in the 70s.

Last edited:
Based on watching most of the second half, Bradley is long but not meaty and they can pressure the ball with success. But this UAB team is a lot like UTEP but not as slick. Miners have better defense, but it was the first game of the season.
I suggest you watch the last half of the game, and the OT I linked above and make your own opinion.
In the game against Cal, the Miners threw up a lot of bricks to open the game but the defense created opportunities. Golding might have a different rotation based on his best 3 point shooters to open up the zone. UAB had a lot of success playing a pressing tempo like the Miners. I predict the Miners win by 4 with a final score in the 70s.
Nice analysis. I don't see Utep shooting under 40% again this game. Bradley is very skilled, long and well coached. It'll be tough. Could go either way. I'll predict Utep's 1st loss in a close game, but very much hope that I'm wrong. This would be a quality win if we can get it. Bradley will be right there in the mix for an NCAA bid out of the Missouri Valley.
Bradley 77
Utep 73

Bradley will be the toughest team we have faced so far. They are well coached and have several guys who can score. The biggest concern I have is fatigue with the Miners after playing last game past midnight. Will the Miners be well rested? I don’t understand why the games started so late. I think this game will be close and hope UTEP will win. My prediction is UTEP wins 77 - 75.

Reactions: groundrounds
Not a good start for the Miners. We’re getting out rebounded and giving up uncontested 3’s.

• Angry
I was worried about playing a very late game last time. Hope the Miners are not fatigued.

Allowing way too many second chance shots and their defensive really causing problems. We have to weather this early storm and keep it close til we adjust and the guys calm down.

Reactions: MinerManiac
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT