ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs Bradley: Title Game

We're not a good outside shooting team, and we didn't get transition baskets like we did against Cal, Bradley played good defense have to hand it to them as well.
This! Transition points will be plentiful, but we’re going to lose games because of our lack of true shooters.

Reactions: MinerManiac
We're not a good outside shooting team, and we didn't get transition baskets like we did against Cal, Bradley played good defense have to hand it to them as well.
Yeah the defended the paint which is our bread and butter. When we took it in we got blocked, turned it over or didn't get the foul call. I do like how aggressive some of those slams were towards the end though!

I like overall what Golding has done here …. This team is a shooter or two away from being a damn good team

We got to do whatever it takes to make sure our freshman don’t leave because they have a chance to be really good

We lost because of the end of the first half and we made some stupid mistakes that I hope don’t become common… they’re weee about turnovers at important times that were just dropped passes or losing the ball off the dribble without much pressure .. I think we are gonna have a good season but we are a few shooters away from a great season but love watching these guys play defense

The Miners needed to experience being defensed like they were, early on in the season. I hope they can learn from it. Better focus on their part at certain times in this game might have changed the outcome. They are still fun to watch and keep their effort up for the most part.

The Miners needed to experience being defensed like they were, early on in the season. I hope they can learn from it. Better focus on their part at certain times in this game might have changed the outcome. They are still fun to watch and keep their effort up for the most part.
19 turnovers, shot 37% shot terrible from the 3 and still had a chance against what will probably be a 25 win team this year and challenge for the Missouri Valley which is probably as good or better than CUSA.

Reactions: EPUTEP
Jones was on the floor for a mere 14 minutes and was 3 for 4. I really think Golding needs to explain why when they obviously needed shooters, he didn't use him.
Agree. The way we got worked inside, Jones held his own while he was in and I question why he didn’t get more court time. Plus, like you alluded to, he can hit the 3, maybe at the very least pulling one of those 3 dudes that go 6’9” plus out to the perimeter and opening the lane a bit. I really like Golding, but unless his intention was to work through some things, I didn’t think he used his subs wisely, nor did he call up anything specific for our true scoring threats when coming out of a timeout at 10 points down. WTF was it Dos Anjos jacking up a 3 at that point? Somebody on here gave him credit as going 1-3 from deep. He was 0-3 and he’s shooting 20% from beyond. He is maybe the last guy who should’ve been shooting at that time.

Last edited:
Agree. The way we got worked inside, Jones held his own while he was in and I question why he didn’t get more court time. Plus, like you alluded to, he can hit the 3, maybe at the very least pulling one of those 3 dudes that go 6’9” plus out to the perimeter and opening the lane a bit. I really like Golding, but unless his intention was to work through some things, I didn’t think he used his subs wisely, nor did he call up anything specific for our true scoring threats when coming out of a timeout at 10 points down. WTF was it Dos Anjos jacking up a 3 at that point? Somebody on here gave him credit as going 1-3 from deep. He was 0-3 and he’s shooting 20% from beyond. He is maybe the last guy who should’ve been shooting at that time.
Miner Mambo made that statement on Dos Anjos, but you need to read it again. He was saying if he would have gone one for three from the three point line and a few other things go our way, then we could have won.

I saw the game and what I can tell is that Bradley was the smarter team, sort of like what Butler was back in 2011. They defended better, they made the free throws and they have better shooters. If we don't improve in this three areas we will not make the NCAA.

Agree. The way we got worked inside, Jones held his own while he was in and I question why he didn’t get more court time. Plus, like you alluded to, he can hit the 3, maybe at the very least pulling one of those 3 dudes that go 6’9” plus out to the perimeter and opening the lane a bit. I really like Golding, but unless his intention was to work through some things, I didn’t think he used his subs wisely, nor did he call up anything specific for our true scoring threats when coming out of a timeout at 10 points down. WTF was it Dos Anjos jacking up a 3 at that point? Somebody on here gave him credit as going 1-3 from deep. He was 0-3 and he’s shorting 20% from beyond. He is maybe the last guy who should’ve been shooting at that time.
Exactly. This team plays so hard, but can be real sloppy on offense when facing tough D. It's gonna be up to Golding to help guide the offense based on how guys are playing and how we are matching up. Bradley packed the paint on our drives, so where was the adjustment to create some better shots on the perimeter from guys who can make shots? That being said, Frazier and Camper can't go 0-5 from downtown either.

Jones is so efficient, has proven he can shoot 3's and has the size and athleticism we needed to matchup better last night. Like you said he could have forced one of those bigs out of the paint if he were to hit a few perimeter shots. Plus Jones is way more athletic and quick off his feet. He has a much better chance of blocking shots from the weak side. Not sure why Dos Anjos is stealing minutes from Jones so far?

Bradley’s length inside, was impressive. UTEP had no answer. I felt Kalu improved though. I think he’s going to keep improving this season, he has the desire it appears. Or at least I believe he does.
I agree Kalu has played much better. He just needs to maintain better positioning on defense and be MUCH MORE DECISIVE when he gets the ball in the paint.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT