ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the Promotion for FAU?

JCorona

MI Miner Maniac
Jun 15, 2014
Senter should be working with everything he has to fill the Don and give UTEP it’s best chance at beating a top 25 team. Wouldn’t be surprised if he tries to profit from this game and we see a weak attendance on Saturday.

• Sad
Reactions: MineroFanatico
Senter should be working with everything he has to fill the Don and give UTEP it’s best chance at beating a top 25 team. Wouldn’t be surprised if he tries to profit from this game and we see a weak attendance on Saturday.
Can’t start it now, because if they lose to FIU on Thursday, any momentum is gone. They should offer cheaper tickets, but like I said, only if they win on Thursday.

Reactions: JCorona
The FAU game is already TWC/UTEP Golf Night!! You can get 2 tickets and a TWC Golf towel for $30!!!! Apparently, we had a worthwhile golf team back then!

Reactions: kickballpro
The FAU game is already TWC/UTEP Golf Night!! You can get 2 tickets and a TWC Golf towel for $30!!!! Apparently, we had a worthwhile golf team back then!

Haven’t beat a top 25 team at home since 2001. Golden opportunity for Senter’s athletic department to make some current history. What do you think attendance will be like if they beat FIU? I’m saying 8-9k.

Haven’t beat a top 25 team at home since 2001. Golden opportunity for Senter’s athletic department to make some current history. What do you think attendance will be like if they beat FIU? I’m saying 8-9k.
It's been a minute since we had 8-9K. Couldn't even begin to guess when the last time was.

Lol really? I thought we had a sell out for NMSU this season.
Did we? Can't say that it was reflected on the screen. I haven't kept up with attendance much. Seeing meager numbers for so long has made me numb to it. Seems like the average home game draws about 5-6K? I'm guessing about that figure too.

Did we? Can't say that it was reflected on the screen. I haven't kept up with attendance much. Seeing meager numbers for so long has made me numb to it. Seems like the average home game draws about 5-6K? I'm guessing about that figure too.
It was almost a sellout, but not quite. Definitely the largest crowd they have had in years

Did we? I haven't kept up with attendance much. Seeing meager numbers for so long has made me numb to it. Seems like the average home game draws about 5-6K? I'm guessing about that figure too.
Close enough to a sell out.

I don’t know what the current capacity is but it was lowered than the old 12222 figure.

For most opponents 5k is being generous. But El Paso knows when an important game is on deck. I think they’ll turn out if we take care of FIU. Could be a sell out with the right promotion but it should still be a big crowd.

8-9k??????? No way man. Lucky to get 6, even if they beat FIU by 200 points.

I don’t know what the current capacity is but it was lowered than the old 12222 figure.

For most opponents 5k is being generous. But El Paso knows when an important game is on deck. I think they’ll turn out if we take care of FIU. Could be a sell out with the right promotion but it should still be a big crowd.
11,892 is the max seats for basketball

What makes the FAU game so important if UTEP beats FIU?

Are we realistically in the race for the conference title?

Reactions: FedupMiner
We almost have the same record as Texas Tech 😉 In all seriousness as far as NET rankings go this would be his worst loss of the season and possibly his time here.
He lost to Marshall at home last year. They had won 1 of their last 14 games before beating UTEP. They finished last in the east. Also, lost to UC-Riverside 52-40 last year.

This year’s loss to NMSU keeps looking worse as well.

He lost to Marshall at home last year. They had won 1 of their last 14 games before beating UTEP. They finished last in the east. Also, lost to UC-Riverside 52-40 last year.

This year’s loss to NMSU keeps looking worse as well.
The Marshall loss was bad but they’ve had a decent run the last few years. Won an NCAAT game not that long ago and they’re having a solid season this year. When was the last time FIU basketball was relevant? UC -Riverside ended the season at 163. It’s not as bad as a loss to a team in the 240’s.

NMSU hasn’t been the same since the Abq shooting.

We almost have the same record as Texas Tech 😉 In all seriousness as far as NET rankings go this would be his worst loss of the season and possibly his time here.
Tech's is Big12 and their SOS is way harder 😬, but I get what you are saying about the NET. I think we win and obviously want us to win, but still I wouldn't be surprised if we lost. I'm not as sold on Golding or this team as some. Beat both Florida schools and then let's see what happens.

Tech's is Big12 and their SOS is way harder 😬, but I get what you are saying about the NET. I think we win and obviously want us to win, but still I wouldn't be surprised if we lost. I'm not as sold on Golding or this team as some. Beat both Florida schools and then let's see what happens.
Yep. Just from from what I have seen from FIU in a couple of games, talent wise they are similar to UTEP. Really, this is the case with the majority of teams in the league. UTEP will need to play very well to win. Hope they do.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Yep. Just from from what I have seen from FIU in a couple of games, talent wise they are similar to UTEP. Really, this is the case with the majority of teams in the league. UTEP will need to play very well to win. Hope they do.
It depends which version we get of them. They play teams much closer at home than they do on the road. They’re bipolar. Can hang with anyone but can also let anyone hang with them.

It depends which version we get of them. They play teams much closer at home than they do on the road. They’re bipolar. Can hang with anyone but can also let anyone hang with them.
True. I think that effort wise they have been pretty consistent, with the exceptions of NMSU (in LC), and DePaul. With this team, I think it comes down to poor shooting versus atrocious shooting. They are usually just "poor shooting" at home. Another big key is minimizing turnovers. They've done better lately, but some of that was against teams that played exclusively zone defense.

I remember that game. I wasn't there, as I was still living in San Diego at the time, but I was listening at the time on Real Player and chatting on MinerDigs (anyone else remember those days?). Earlier in the season we had been absolutely destroyed in Fresno, but won this rematch by at least 20. That was Rab's 2nd year, the year we played in the NIT.

Last edited:
I remember that game. I wasn't there, as I was still living in San Diego at the time, but I was listening at rge time on Real Player and chatting on MinerDigs (anyone else remember those days?). Earlier in the season we had been absolutely destroyed in Fresno, but won this rematch by at least 20. That was Rab's 2nd year, the year we played in the NIT.
Yup

Basically if we can’t beat FIU then no way in hell we’ll upset a top 25 FAU. Why even show up?
You must be a cowboy fan —— only show up when things are good !!

That’s just a sad outlook — as a fan you should support the team through all times not just the good

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT