ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the Promotion for FAU?

Corona is around win or lose. He travels to different cities to watch our bad teams play.
Ok well that’s awesome! But why post something like that? Because that’s the logic of a typical fan these days — honestly I am pretty sure 95 percent of us talking in here are the loyal fans I just don’t understand that way of thinking

Corona is around win or lose. He travels to different cities to watch our bad teams play.
That’s a bit of a stretch. El Paso is his hometown and last season he said he was traveling here to help his parents move, which happened to be on football game weekends. He can clarify if he came to EP for any games this year.

He lives in Austin, which is 3 hours from Dallas and a hour? To San Antonio. That’s like giving Miner fans credit for traveling to Las Cruces and Albuquerque.

Is he traveling to see them play in Charlotte, Ruston, Chicago, or Miami? No, he’s traveling to convenient games for him.

Ok well that’s awesome! But why post something like that? Because that’s the logic of a typical fan these days — honestly I am pretty sure 95 percent of us talking in here are the loyal fans I just don’t understand that way of thinking
Because it’s the truth. You can still be a fan and not attend all games or watch them all. People have work or other commitments. You may clear your schedule for a FIU basketball game, a lot of people don’t. And rightfully so.

That’s a bit of a stretch. El Paso is his hometown and last season he said he was traveling here to help his parents move, which happened to be on football game weekends. He can clarify if he came to EP for any games this year.

He lives in Austin, which is 3 hours from Dallas and a hour? To San Antonio. That’s like giving Miner fans credit for traveling to Las Cruces and Albuquerque.

Is he traveling to see them play in Charlotte, Ruston, Chicago, or Miami? No, he’s traveling to convenient games for him.
That still takes time and money. Not sure if you live in EP or not but if you do, I would bet that he's been to more games than you in the past 5 years.

The FAU game is already TWC/UTEP Golf Night!! You can get 2 tickets and a TWC Golf towel for $30!!!! Apparently, we had a worthwhile golf team back then!

Yep this was the only special for the game. Just got an email about it. Not too bad. Bad seats but because the attendance will be crap, you can just move up once the game starts.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
That still takes time and money. Not sure if you live in EP or not but if you do, I would bet that he's been to more games than you in the past 5 years.
Yeah, credit to him for doing that. If he’s been to more games than me, so what? What does that prove? He went and played soccer instead of watching his team play. That doesn’t really sound like a mega fan to me.

You do not know anybody’s work life, personal life, finances, abilities or disabilities that might prevent them from attending games. Going to games doesn’t prove anything. In this board’s case, it only proves fandom when it sees fit. It’s okay for Unihorn not to attend games, but Chihuahuas attends all the games, but he is not a fan.

You must be a cowboy fan —— only show up when things are good !!

That’s just a sad outlook — as a fan you should support the team through all times not just the good
I am a Cowboys fan. Got to witness the first road playoff game last week. Still watched them for the last 20+ years.

It is a sad outlook. That’s why beating FIU was important to have any chance at a big crowd tonight vs FAU. (Next time try reading the entire thread and not single out a comment out of context.)

I’ve supported the Miners for a long time and I’m still waiting to experience what a bowl or NCAAT win feels like.

If anything the Miners and Cowboys owe me some good times cuz I’ve seen mostly bad.

Bwahaha:

GOLF NIGHT OUT at the HASKINS

Exclusive Offer for Season Members Only!!!

Purchase a TWC Golf Towel

For just $10

Yeah, credit to him for doing that. If he’s been to more games than me, so what? What does that prove? He went and played soccer instead of watching his team play. That doesn’t really sound like a mega fan to me.

You do not know anybody’s work life, personal life, finances, abilities or disabilities that might prevent them from attending games. Going to games doesn’t prove anything. In this board’s case, it only proves fandom when it sees fit. It’s okay for Unihorn not to attend games, but Chihuahuas attends all the games, but he is not a fan.
I don’t go to all the games, but I go to most of the home basketball games.

I am a Cowboys fan. Got to witness the first road playoff game last week. Still watched them for the last 20+ years.

It is a sad outlook. That’s why beating FIU was important to have any chance at a big crowd tonight vs FAU. (Next time try reading the entire thread and not single out a comment out of context.)

I’ve supported the Miners for a long time and I’m still waiting to experience what a bowl or NCAAT win feels like.

If anything the Miners and Cowboys owe me some good times cuz I’ve seen mostly bad.
I traveled to the Miners’ last NCAA Tourney game, and will again if we ever go again.

Last edited:
Reactions: TxRdKiller
Did anyone notice the ticket center wasn't even open last night? Big game, big opportunity and people had to stand in the cold (not brutal but still) to buy tickets from a single cashier.

Maybe it's been that way for awhile, I usually buy tickets online, but seemed like another UTEP failure to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Did anyone notice the ticket center wasn't even open last night? Big game, big opportunity and people had to stand in the cold (not brutal but still) to buy tickets from a single cashier.

Maynbe it's been that way for awhile, I usually buy tickets online, but seemed like another UTEP failure to me.
4-5 star prices for 2 star service?

Last night they ran their Golf Night promotion and they didn’t give out the TWC golf towels. They will be mailing them out to anyone who took it. Why wouldn’t they push back the promotion or ensure these towels were in stock? Now, they will have to mail them and that costs more money.

Jim Senter is trash.

Last night they ran their Golf Night promotion and they didn’t give out the TWC golf towels. They will be mailing them out to anyone who took it. Why wouldn’t they push back the promotion or ensure these towels were in stock? Now, they will have to mail them and that costs more money.

Jim Senter is trash.
Unfortunately the frequency with which people say, “Only at UTEP…”, is all too often.

Nothing is surprising anymore. SMH.

I went to my first and only game Saturday. What a mess. There was a long slow line to get in because they decided to only use ONE door to get people in. Their scanners work about as well as the Wifi inside.
The courtside club is set up on the southern concourse. Huge obstacle to go around.
We got to the west side and now they have roped off lines for ALL concessions. So, instead of having 4 fast paced smaller lines to get a coke, you have one wrapping around and clogging the walk way.

Prices are another pet peeve. I had expensive seats for a long ass time. When we would our tickets in the mail, face value (price printed ON the ticket) said $18.50. It was explained to me that the rest of the cost was donations. Donations are no longer tax deductible. While I understand prices going up, I can't grasp those same seats being $50. On that point, all seats from row 1 till the tunnels coming in are the same price.

There is no way there were that many people in there. I don't blame people for not going. Senter is trash and has done ZERO to improve the athletic department.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT