ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

Just wanted to get your thoughts on something for 2020 UTEP has offered QB Ken Seals about a few months ago he has a very close relationship with OC Mike Canales and is the number sixth ranked Pro Style QB out of Weatherford, TX should UTEP recruit this kid hard or should they stick with developing TJ Goodwin

Just wanted to get your thoughts on something for 2020 UTEP has offered QB Ken Seals about a few months ago he has a very close relationship with OC Mike Canales and is the number sixth ranked Pro Style QB out of Weatherford, TX should UTEP recruit this kid hard or should they stick with developing TJ Goodwin
I’d say UTEP should try to bring in another great HS QB next year. We know QBs get injured all the time and we need to have another solid QB ready to go.

Recruit recruit recruit. Who knows what the future holds. Get as many quality people who can.

So now we have Misaalefua, Tialavea, Juice and the Tupou brothers on the defensive 7. Maybe they can work on Tulafono!

Reactions: Lil_Train
247sports says he is currently a 2020 3 star Guard, with one offer from UNM.

https://247sports.com/Player/Nofoafia-Tulafono-46055084/
That kid had a good showing at nikes "the opening" camp. His stock is rising. Just recieved an offer to unlv. Might be a lower p5 offers typa guy at the end of his recruitment. Utep should push hard to get him. This what the kid said tho so kinda optimistic even tho its early==( “I had a feeling UTEP was going to offer but I didn’t see the one from UNLV coming,” Tulafono said. “Coach Mike Canales at UTEP messaged me after the Opening Regional Camp and said they saw my highlights and wanted to offer soon. They want me to come out and take a visit and I’m planning to do that for sure.")

Last edited:
Was on 247 , and who remembers the romney kids? From here in el paso, moved to chandler. The oldest one went d1 from here in el paso the second played 3 years of hs here then they moved to arizona and the youngest played 1 in ep i think. Crazy how theyre all p5 recruits. Oldest went to byu but had p5 offers just like the second who also went to byu with mutliple p5 offers. The youngest one is a class 0f 2020 predicted to go to byu also but hes been picking up p5 offers lately.

Does anyone know if Coach Mike Tuiasosopo has been replaced from the outer world of college football or is Dimel hiring from within and I am hearing UTEP will host a spring practice on April 5th at Del Valle High School

Does anyone know if Coach Mike Tuiasosopo has been replaced from the outer world of college football or is Dimel hiring from within and I am hearing UTEP will host a spring practice on April 5th at Del Valle High School
This guy?

In a recent phoner I had with Coach Dimel, he candidly explained his staff hiring process: He knows his top assistants will get hired away. It's the way of the coaching jungle. Ask Nick Saban at Alabama.

To prepare for this eventuality, Dimel says he likes to hire guys for these "quality control" positions, so when a guy like Tuiasosopo takes another job, Dana can slide an experienced hand into the vacancy. This way, there's less slippage, more stability. Plenty of schools do it, including Kansas State, where Dimel learned at the knee of Bill Snyder.

Matt Rahl is moving from offensive quality control to the backup O-line coach behind Mike Simmonds. Matt says he relishes this fresh, on-field role of actually coaching a position group.

These changes will be announced, pronto, as the Miners go into spring ball. To me, it all make sense -- in business, and for UTEP football.

Last edited:
Liggins is a straight tackle machine and gap stuffer, could bulk up and be a sneaky good rush end, or can play LB, has good speed, def an under recruited kid who could make a roster at most lower level FBS schools, nice find by Dimel.

Also saw the Escobar kid a recent combine, he's a damn specimen and is just going to get bigger and stronger, clearly the best lineman at that combine, he made everything look easy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT