ADVERTISEMENT

Football vacancy

Drunk in Vegas update:

Brennan Marion is interviewing as I post this.

Working to see if it’s his second interview.

Down to Marion and Walden.
Appreciate your drunk in Vegas report Bigwood lol I think we got this news earlier this morning already, but the fact that you can multitask a drink, poker chips and the Utep coaching situation is quite impressive lol

Zach Kittley (born August 14, 1991) is an American football coach who is currently the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Texas Tech University. He previously served in the same capacity at Western Kentucky University in 2021 and Houston Baptist University from 2018 to 2020.

Zach Kittley
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
Biographical details
Current position
TitleOffensive coordinator
TeamTexas Tech
ConferenceBig 12
BornAugust 14, 1991 (age 32)
Abilene, Texas, U.S.
Alma materTexas Tech University
2013–2014Texas Tech (SA)
2015–2017Texas Tech (GA)
2018–2020Houston Baptist (OC/QB)
2021Western Kentucky (OC/QB)
2022–presentTexas Tech (OC/QB)

Reactions: Rot
Appreciate your drunk in Vegas report Bigwood lol I think we got this news earlier this morning already, but the fact that you can multitask a drink, poker chips and the Utep coaching situation is quite impressive lol
I was playing underhand softball up here too you forgot to add that lol yeah haven’t been on twitter much but phone was blown up after my morning game.

I dont like that UNLV lost to Boise State 44 to 20. Who is Boise State's OC??

Zach Kittley (born August 14, 1991) is an American football coach who is currently the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Texas Tech University. He previously served in the same capacity at Western Kentucky University in 2021 and Houston Baptist University from 2018 to 2020.

Zach Kittley
Current position
Biographical details
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
TitleOffensive coordinator
TeamTexas Tech
ConferenceBig 12
BornAugust 14, 1991 (age 32)
Abilene, Texas, U.S.
Alma materTexas Tech University
2013–2014Texas Tech (SA)
2015–2017Texas Tech (GA)
2018–2020Houston Baptist (OC/QB)
2021Western Kentucky (OC/QB)
2022–presentTexas Tech (OC/QB)
Oh God another Abilene guy.

3 names left. Senter and team are deciding over today. Leak may come later today or early tomorrow with official announcement tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday. I started off yesterday not wanting Perry and now I think he may have been good for us. Huge motivator with lots of Coaching ties and wants to boost the program. Not sure Senter wants to give him what he requested though to do all that. Looks like they're going young up and comer and I think most of us are cool with that.

3 names left. Senter and team are deciding over today. Leak may come later today or early tomorrow with official announcement tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday. I started off yesterday not wanting Perry and now I think he may have been good for us. Huge motivator with lots of Coaching ties and wants to boost the program. Not sure Senter wants to give him what he requested though to do all that. Looks like they're going young up and comer and I think most of us are cool with that.
How did the other 2 do in their interviews?

How did the other 2 do in their interviews?
I know that Perry was up there on the list and then made lots of concessions. I'm not sure Senter was on board with everything. The thing is, Senter needs to realize a competitive NIL, Sun Bowl/LKD improvements , upgraded practice facility, Student athlete rec room, etc... are a must. If Utep always thinks like UTEP, they will always be Utep, if that makes sense. My understanding is Senter is going for young motivator who will recruit portal heavily and make due with what's in place and with winning more money to do more Improvements will come.

I know that Perry was up there on the list and then made lots of concessions. I'm not sure Senter was on board with everything. The thing is, Senter needs to realize a competitive NIL, Sun Bowl/LKD improvements , upgraded practice facility, Student athlete rec room, etc... are a must. If Utep always thinks like UTEP, they will always be Utep, if that makes sense. My understanding is Senter is going for young motivator who will recruit portal heavily and make do with what's in place and with winning more money to do more Improvements will come.
Which is why going young is so important for a school like UTEP. We don’t have the amenities other programs have, so at the very least we better have a young coach who can relate to this generation.

Seems like Perry knew wtf he was talking about. Nonetheless we need youth right now given that this administration is stuck in the 90’s.

Drunk Vegas note #2: Marion was still on campus three hours after interview.

Then maybe it’s not Marion.

It was a guess.

The private jet landed at the ST airport and has been parked there. I’ve been watching to see if it leaves for TN or Lubbock.

Since Bigwood confirmed that Marion wasn’t on that plane, I am not as confident

Why is everyone so against price? Wasn’t he the one that had Uteps offense rolling at times?

Oh ok, well that's encouraging. I thought it was just the 4 as finalists. If someone has info on where they are, I'm down to post up and try and get some info tomorrow lol
There were finalist seven years ago, Dimel was not on it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT