ADVERTISEMENT

Football vacancy

Then maybe it’s not Marion.

It was a guess.

The private jet landed at the ST airport and has been parked there. I’ve been watching to see if it leaves for TN or Lubbock.

Since Bigwood confirmed that Marion wasn’t on that plane, I am not as confident

Called an old Hotel Manager buddy, Marion staying the night!!! Marion is our new coach or we're being fed BS to throw us off the trail, like smoke n mirrors. Not sure if that's the case or it's the real deal, but all indications say it's him

Wow we were all thrown for a late night loop. All indications from UNLV and Utep fans was Marion. I even got word he allegedly stayed the night. My guess is Utep kept him there and told him a decision would be made in the morning. I'm good with Walden he was my #2. I wonder if the neck tattoo was too much for stuffy Wilson and Senter lol

Wow, battle of the internet rumors. Hopefully they do announce today and introduce the new hire tonight and end the speculation
Footballscoop is pretty reliable. Sounds like it is Walden. Wonder what happened with Marion and if something or someone changed their mind at the last minute.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Walden is the best option. HC experience x3 -- has a great staff and kids love him. Don't be surprised if they pull a bunch of great kids out of the portal. Winning season in year 1 --

Wow we were all thrown for a late night loop. All indications from UNLV and Utep fans was Marion. I even got word he allegedly stayed the night. My guess is Utep kept him there and told him a decision would be made in the morning. I'm good with Walden he was my #2. I wonder if the neck tattoo was too much for stuffy Wilson and Senter lol
FIVE bucks, says Marion gets the UNM job...

“Energy and enthusiasm perfectly describe Scotty Walden’s approach to coaching football. On October 28, 2020, Walden was named the head coach at Austin Peay, making him the youngest coach at the D1 level at 30 years old. This isn’t his first head coaching job. At 26, he led East Texas Baptist to a 7-3 season producing one of the top offenses in D3 football.

In 2017, Scotty Walden made an immediate impact on Texas Baptist and was quickly identified as one of the brightest and youngest offensive minds in the country. At the time, current Arizona Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury said this of Walden:

“I have had the opportunity to get to know Scotty Walden over the last few years, and I couldn’t be more impressed with his knowledge of the game and his work ethic. He has accomplished so much as a football coach at such a young age that it is truly amazing. Scotty is as smart of a football mind as there is in the country.””

If this turns out to be true, I’m happy with Scotty as our next HC. Scotty checks all the boxes. He’s a young HC with proven results, with strong Texas ties and whose teams run high powered offenses. Between him and Marion, Scotty appears to be the least risky choice. Marion can turn out to be a solid coach but only has one year of experience as an OC and no head coaching experience. I think Scotty can energize Miner nation and hopefully bring in some good recruits and transfers to UTEP.

Lol, I’m still monitoring planes at Santa Teresa Airport. 1 left for Vegas early this morning. Nothing inbound yet from Tennessee.

Reactions: picks up
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT