ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA game 7

And once again coming to every radio, TV sports broadcast, smart phone and computer in the U.S......it's the " LeBron Sweepstakes 3.0 ". Listen 24/7 as we try to guess where LeBron will play next? Watch major cities fumble over themselves and bars hoping to land the $125,000+ LeBron bar tab!

Unfortunately game 7, for me, as a die hard Rickets fan, sucked. I'm going to petition the NBA to make conference finals games 6 and 7 only 24 minutes. Those final 24 minutes in each game really hurt.
Both the Celtics and the Rockets really SHOT themselves in the foot.

History said the Celtics would win and they were favored at home with Love out. No excuses for them, but they will be back stronger next year.

Houston, up 15, had some ridiculous no-calls go against them. They really let that bog them down. GS had their typical 3rd quarter run, but the brick show by Houston really cost them the finals appearance. It was sad to watch. Capella and Tucker were awesome in defeat.

Fairly close game considering Houston went 0 for 25 from downtown during a long stretch.

Houston missed 27 consecutive 3 point shots. There is no “fix”. All Houston does is shoot layups and 3’s. If they hit 5 of those 3’s, it’s probably a different story. Chris Paul was injured too.

That’s one guys opinion at the time. Not factual or filled with any verifiable truth.

Reactions: El Paso 1
Houston missed 27 consecutive 3 point shots. There is no “fix”. All Houston does is shoot layups and 3’s. If they hit 5 of those 3’s, it’s probably a different story. Chris Paul was injured too.

That’s one guys opinion at the time. Not factual or filled with any verifiable truth.
Labron is one-of-a-kind there's no doubt. He can do it all. Problem I have is that he flaunts it to the point that it's ugly. He must have terrible bruises on his chest from all the pounding he does on it. If you're that good, everyone will notice anyhow without your self chest pounding and would be more likely to appreciate your talent. I generally cheer for whoever his opponent might be, because I can't stand his conceit and arrogance. It's OK to express emotions on a great play, but a grin and a fist pump should suffice. Let the fans determine and declare how super you are instead of glaring at them as if to say, "Aren't I the most astounding human being you've ever worshipped?"
I quarantee you'll achieve more respect and I think that's what you are really seeking.

Labron is one-of-a-kind there's no doubt. He can do it all. Problem I have is that he flaunts it to the point that it's ugly. He must have terrible bruises on his chest from all the pounding he does on it. If you're that good, everyone will notice anyhow without your self chest pounding and would be more likely to appreciate your talent. I generally cheer for whoever his opponent might be, because I can't stand his conceit and arrogance. It's OK to express emotions on a great play, but a grin and a fist pump should suffice. Let the fans determine and declare how super you are instead of glaring at them as if to say, "Aren't I the most astounding human being you've ever worshipped?"
I quarantee you'll achieve more respect and I think that's what you are really seeking.

Who’s ”Labron”?

I don’t care about “respect”. I don’t give a **** about what anyone thinks of my posts. I come here to see what people say and will challenge people on their “thoughts”

Who’s ”Labron”?

I don’t care about “respect”. I don’t give a **** about what anyone thinks of my posts. I come here to see what people say and will challenge people on their “thoughts

It is obvious that is your primary objective. By your own admission you are a shit stirrer, not a fan. A fan is defined as an ardent and enthusiastic supporter or devotee of a specific team. You are certainly not that.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
I am a fan. I watch and listen to Miner games. I just don’t get excited about recruits, wins over bad teams, and constant excuses. I will give credit, when credit is due.

If you don’t like my posts, don’t read em buddy.

Reactions: El Paso 1
I am a fan. I watch and listen to Miner games. I just don’t get excited about recruits, wins over bad teams, and constant excuses. I will give credit, when credit is due.

If you don’t like my posts, don’t read em buddy.

You may watch games but you lack the qualities that would solidify your claims of being a fan...by definition.

Perhaps you would best be defined as a critic...or better yet, an analyst...or even better, an analcyst.

Ok, now I’ll take your advice and stop reading your posts.

It is obvious that is your primary objective. By your own admission you are a shit stirrer, not a fan. A fan is defined as an ardent and enthusiastic supporter or devotee of a specific team. You are certainly not that.

The point of a message board is to have discussions with other people and disagree when necessary. Some people on here have such thin skin and cry when somebody doesn't agree with them and then they throw a fit and say that person is a troll and should be banned from the board.

What you described is a cheerleader. I am a UTEP fan win or lose, but I will not be enthusiastic about the football team winning zero games last year.

You may watch games but you lack the qualities that would solidify your claims of being a fan...by definition.

Perhaps you would best be defined as a critic...or better yet, an analyst...or even better, an analcyst.

Ok, now I’ll take your advice and stop reading your posts.

The definition of a fan is "a person who has a strong interest for a particular person or thing."

A cheerleader or a homer is somebody who blindly follows a team (like you and others on here).

Reactions: ShovelMan66
Logic on here:

A person that buys from the same car dealership after being screwed or continues to eat at a restaurant that serves bad food is a dumbass.

A person that buys season tickets to a school that has 0 bowl wins last 50 years and 0 NCAA wins the last 26 years is not though.

Imagine if your wife didn’t have sex with you for 26 years, weeks, or days. That’s cool. Other guys are getting some, I’ll just keep waiting and think about the good ol days. I’m a real fan!!!!

We (rockets) will never win with James harden running the team.... I have never disliked a player on my fav team sooo much!!! James harden lost this series for the rockets.... let's dribble the ball for 18 seconds that way the defense only works for 6 and take the dumbest damn shot imaginable---

We (rockets) will never win with James harden running the team.... I have never disliked a player on my fav team sooo much!!! James harden lost this series for the rockets.... let's dribble the ball for 18 seconds that way the defense only works for 6 and take the dumbest damn shot imaginable---
I understand what you are saying, but Harden will likely win MVP and is running Houston's/D'antoni's offense. It's not like its a one man show where he just does what he wants? Despite the fact he and his teammates missed like 27 3-pointers in a row and got horrible no calls (and Paul being injured), they still had a great chance of winning the west against a dynasty type team. I think they will be ok..

It's really simple though what harden does works in the regular season because he gets the calls in the season... when the playoffs start they stop giving him a lot of those calls and he looks awful---- and this can't be on dantoni--- harden did this stupid play with the ball 18 seconds crap before dantoni got here--- when Houston moved the ball they were dominating--- when they went harden ball they looked ridiculous

It's really simple though what harden does works in the regular season because he gets the calls in the season... when the playoffs start they stop giving him a lot of those calls and he looks awful---- and this can't be on dantoni--- harden did this stupid play with the ball 18 seconds crap before dantoni got here--- when Houston moved the ball they were dominating--- when they went harden ball they looked ridiculous

I think if Chris Paul is healthy then the Rockets are up 2-0 in the finals right now and you would be a lot happier.

Reactions: axingfools1
I think if Chris Paul is healthy then the Rockets are up 2-0 in the finals right now and you would be a lot happier.

Pot is illegal in Texas

Maybe it's the Rockets fan in me, but I have to agree with kickball. Unlike the Warriors with their four superstars, we have two. With the two of them healthy, or at least relatively so, we were up 3-2 on the Warriors. With only the one superstar we couldn't maintain or big first half leads in games 6 and 7. Had we beat the Warriors, well, the Cavs just aren't nearly as good a team.

Oh and about Harden: there is no way that we earn the NBA's best record and take the Warriors to 7 games without him.

Reactions: axingfools1
Being a Warriors fan for like 7000 years, I am a little biased, but....

Golden State doesn't have 1, 2, 3 but they do have 4 superstars. They can afford to kind of lay back and not push so hard. Sure Paul was out, but c'mon now....They have the ability to hit the gas peddle at any time. I honestly believe they didn't give a crap about the regular season. The ONLY reason the rockets got the best record was GS didn't care. They are too cocky for damn sure....

Houston never had a shot at beating them. Houston would have lost to Cleveland. Cleveland should never have beaten Boston....

Don’t think the rockets would have won even with Paul. But I think they would beat Cleveland.
Next year without LeBron everyone will beat Cleveland.

It’s debatable. They lost by what, 9 or 10, they could have used 19 pts and 8 assist

Problem is we’ll never know. I guess that’s what’s great about sports, And what’s so heartbreaking about sports. All the what if’s, could have been, and should have.

Reactions: kickballpro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT