ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the crowd for Bethune Cookman at UTEP

Meh, I was just messin. I’ve never put too much into the OPT or attendance predictions. If it ain’t fun there’s no point.

But I’ll still take your winnings if you’re giving them away.

Meh, I was just messin. I’ve never put too much into the OPT or attendance predictions. If it ain’t fun there’s no point.

But I’ll still take your winnings if you’re giving them away.
Hey this is serious and high stakes stuff!

Whoever comes closest to the actual attendance, whether over or under, wins the right to start the next home game attendance thread! Let's give it the respect it deserves. Lol

Hey this is serious and high stakes stuff!

Whoever comes closest to the actual attendance, whether over or under, wins the right to start the next home game attendance thread! Let's give it the respect it deserves. Lol
My bad. From now on I’ll take it with the same level of seriousness that fili appears to.

In fact might I suggest that he, fili as runner up, get to post the OPT should sarabia not do so by maybe mid day tomorrow? It’s been a while since we’ve heard from him. Kinda like a forfeit.

Seems like it would mean the world to fili.😏

Any insiders know how well tickets have sold?
Judging by the seating charts on UTEP's ticketmaster site the other day i would guess around 15k so the usual Saturday walk up crowd will need to show up well to make it to 20k. Just my best guess but i could be way off. I'm certainly not an insider.

Last edited:
Are the corporate tickets going to show up? If we have a crowd like the one we did against HBU 2 years ago that would be amazing.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
Sorry to hear that, hoping it would be much bigger. When I drove up I knew it would be bad.

What’s even worse typical Utep crowd, starts to leave in middle of third quarter.

Wow…was that the number. If so, that is horrible. I’m coming in town for the UTSA game with a couple of UTSA alums, so I guess our 6 will make a difference.

What’s even worse typical Utep crowd, starts to leave in middle of third quarter.
I noticed that too. After the halftime the parents and families of the cheerleaders who were there to perform all got up and left. Didn’t mind it though. It made traffic much lighter at the end of the game. 😜

Reactions: kickballpro
That’s what a free Puddle of Mudd concert and unadvertised Jones Bros and Demps appearances gets? Chihuahuas pulled near 7K with fireworks?

Sorry to hear that, hoping it would be much bigger. When I drove up I knew it would be bad.
Yep, you win the attendance prediction thread and have the high exalted priviledge of starting the next one for the UNM game. Lets hope we can top 20k for that one.

If this includes the 10k corporate tickets then we're in trouble.

Well, when you virtually have the laziest “promotions”, add in Ticketmaster “issues”, previous bad seasons, unattractive FCS opponent, and under 15k is what you get.

If the Miners get blown out vs Boise, it will be even less for UNM, unless thousands of Lobo fans decide to come down.

Reactions: MinerManiac
If this includes the 10k corporate tickets then we're in trouble.
Senter keeps raising ticket prices, without on field success or better opponents. It pisses people off. If the basketball coach situation wouldn’t have worked itself out, it would be even worse!

Well, when you virtually have the laziest “promotions”, add in Ticketmaster “issues”, previous bad seasons, unattractive FCS opponent, and under 15k is what you get.

If the Miners get blown out vs Boise, it will be even less for UNM, unless thousands of Lobo fans decide to come down.
Granted. However, I did think there were more than 15K fb fans in EP, promotions/marketing or not.

This was also the unveiling of Senter's big Sun Bow renovations. Should have tried and scheduled UNM this week. Maybe the attendance would have been an extra 5k. Imo I think we've lost at least 2-3k to Covid Precautions.

This was also the unveiling of Senter's big Sun Bow renovations. Should have tried and scheduled UNM this week. Maybe the attendance would have been an extra 5k. Imo I think we've lost at least 2-3k to Covid Precautions.
They didn’t play that up though. They just assumed that you saw it last year during those COVID games. Having UNM might have done a little bit better, but not close to 30,000 better.

When you just go because you’ve been doing it for years.
I can agree with that. I still thought there were more than 15K true fb fans in EP. I’m not even sayin 15k Miner fans. Just fb fans. Who go to games for the pleasure of it.

Plus, the Miners had as good a record as they could have at the time and had come off a fairly dominant performance last week, albeit an ugly one at times.

I could see it if the Miners had lost last week. Obviously I was wrong to think that.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
From TV it looked like less, I thought. Still, under 15K sucks.

The press box side had more people for what its worth.

UTEP doesn't even shoot fireworks after points anymore or when the team comes in. Lots of fan cams though. Dance Cam, Kiss Cam, Flex Cam. Also, the 3rd Down Toll has been replaced by the Charlie Clark Nissan 3rd Down, Orale!.

I can agree with that. I still thought there were more than 15K true fb fans in EP. I’m not even sayin 15k Miner fans. Just fb fans. Who go to games for the pleasure of it.

Plus, the Miners had as good a record as they could have at the time and had come off a fairly dominant performance last week, albeit an ugly one at times.

I could see it if the Miners had lost last week. Obviously I was wrong to think that.
Everyone has a breaking point.

The press box side had more people for what its worth.

UTEP doesn't even shoot fireworks after points anymore or when the team comes in. Lots of fan cams though. Dance Cam, Kiss Cam, Flex Cam. Also, the 3rd Down Toll has been replaced by the Charlie Clark Nissan 3rd Down, Orale!.
Wow. Bad

It felt like I was watching a high school game on ESPN3.

I also felt very disenchanted watching the players horsing around on the sideline given the game was much closer than it should have been and given all the penalties.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT