ADVERTISEMENT

Sellout The Sun Bowl vs LaTech!

I can go and find a bunch of crowds and scores to support my point. It's useless arguing with someone who's sole purpose is to argue.
Nope, I only call out lies. Don’t lie, and we won’t argue. You’re beginning to fall into 2Step status now. Especially since the MTSU game was “super cold”, even after presented with facts revealing the contrary.

"Just from last week, SDSU won in front of 8,000. Auburn lost in front of 88,000. Nebraska lost with 88k too. Virginia Tech had 66,000 and lost. Florida beat Vandy in front of 86,000. The teams you’re playing matter, not the fans so much."

Wow. you need to go to Dyer Street and put some money down for some whoopee because I have never read someone try so so hard to show the results of a UTEP game that has yet to be played.

"Just from last week, SDSU won in front of 8,000. Auburn lost in front of 88,000. Nebraska lost with 88k too. Virginia Tech had 66,000 and lost. Florida beat Vandy in front of 86,000. The teams you’re playing matter, not the fans so much."

Wow. you need to go to Dyer Street and put some money down for some whoopee because I have never read someone try so so hard to show the results of a UTEP game that has yet to be played.

Huh? And the bet?

Nope, I only call out lies. Don’t lie, and we won’t argue. You’re beginning to fall into 2Step status now. Especially since the MTSU game was “super cold”, even after presented with facts revealing the contrary.
You were at the UTSA game and know for a fact the attendance had zero impact on the score?

Yes you're right it was 73 degrees that day with the sun out. That's probably why I didnt take a sweater. Guess what by the 4th quarter at night I remember I was super cold. It's that too hard to believe and accept?

You can go and pick out any scores you want to though. Even if 0-10 Auburn was playing at home against 10-0 Alabama, there’s nothing that says the crowd size was a big factor in the upset. They happen. Corona was saying UNLV needed all 20k to beat UNLV. That is not provable and just his opinion.

If UTEP gets 20k and they lose, would anyone suggest they would have won with 14k? No, of course not, but there would be some yahoos who would claim they would have won with 45k. It’s just not true.
For as smart as you appear to be, you often miss the point.

Reactions: minerfan_14
You were at the UTSA game and know for a fact the attendance had zero impact on the score?

Yes you're right it was 73 degrees that day with the sun out. That's probably why I didnt take a sweater. Guess what by the 4th quarter at night I remember I was super cold. It's that too hard to believe and accept?
You were there as well?

It may have been, I don’t remember. You claim that your party skipped out in the 2nd quarter because it was “super cold”

I cant prove UTSA's biggest crowd to date helped them beat a winless team but you also can't prove it didn't.

Once again arguing just to argue.

Like I said it was too cold for a two year old and that's why they left. I was also cold in the second half but sticked around shivering. Where you me at that moment and could feel what I was feeling to prove your point?

Are you sure about that? Don’t you think it’s an advantage to play on the same field you play 6 games and can practice on any time you want, than practicing for a hour or so and playing 1 game there every 2 years or once in your life?

Were betting lines adjusted last year when games were playing in front of 0?
Bro just shut up already, you sound like a fool. Of course it doesn't always work out that way every time. However no one would argue that home field or home court advantage gives you better odds. Go tell Vegas your irrelevant hypothesis so maybe they'll stop giving points for the home team lol Corona ignore him on this one, he just wants to argue!

Bro just shut up already, you sound like a fool. Of course it doesn't always work out that way every time. However no one would argue that home field or home court advantage gives you better odds. Go tell Vegas your irrelevant hypothesis so maybe they'll stop giving points for the home team lol Corona ignore him on this one, he just wants to argue!
He’s just yucking it up so IF IF UTEP loses he can come back as the all knowing “see I told you so”.

I am absolutely convinced that NoWins is getting paid from this site to be the guy everybody loves to hate. He is ****ing gooddd at this job. His incessant arguing generates more clicks and traffic than any amount of social media marketing ever could.

Ok, conspiracy theory mode off now!😏

I cant prove UTSA's biggest crowd to date helped them beat a winless team but you also can't prove it didn't.

Once again arguing just to argue.

Like I said it was too cold for a two year old and that's why they left. I was also cold in the second half but sticked around shivering. Where you me at that moment and could feel what I was feeling to prove your point?
You did not say it was “too cold for a 2 year old”, you said that later after initially describing it as “super cold”.

You’re right, I can’t prove what you felt, but now I know your definition of “super cold” is between 73-50 degrees. What would you call the cold weather we had earlier this year, when the electricity went out in parts of Texas?

Bro just shut up already, you sound like a fool.....he just wants to argue!
Reminds of all those anti-Natalicio s^%$heads in the early 90's that would write in to the papers, complain on public radio and local media how horrible she was, and this was just actual UTEP professors mind you.

He’s just yucking it up so IF IF UTEP loses he can come back as the all knowing “see I told you so”.
I’m not even talking about wins and losses here. I only do that when some homer makes a silly prediction versus a really good team. The fact that people like you think “I want UTEP to lose” is ridiculous. I have already stated many times, I am not a cheerleader for my teams. Especially ones that are historically “losers”.

I picked UTEP to win all 5 games they won. Go back and check.

I’m not even talking about wins and losses here. I only do that when some homer makes a silly prediction versus a really good team. The fact that people like you think “I want UTEP to lose” is ridiculous. I have already stated many times, I am not a cheerleader for my teams. Especially ones that are historically “losers”.

Not exactly...

Reactions: colominer

Wow! Didn’t you just call someone a liar a little while ago?

Not exactly...
Those were my initial predictions. Go check the single game ones. It’s possible to change your thinking based on results is it not? If the Miners were 1-5 right now, how many would be predicting a win on Saturday?

The funny thing is in pre season "IF UTEP starts 4-1 it could be a good season" we start 5-1 "I'm not impressed beating trash teams."
Yeah, what’s wrong with that? A “good season”at UTEP is like 4 or 5 wins. It’s possible to not be impressed by results. “You cannot prove how I am feeling at the moment”.

Your thinking changes from one second to the next, we're well aware of it. I think the medical term is bipolar.
If by examining results from week to week, sure. Not really the definition of bi-polar though. I guess when everyone was “excited” about Rodney Terry and not so much about Dimel, they are unable to change their thoughts on that? Without being called bi-polar?

Definitely about revenue if to fund this item. One of the things we’ve been behind on is nutrition. Can’t fund something basic if no $$$ inflowing.
The "nutrition" thing keeps coming up.

What exactly does UTEP do for its training table? Have there been any improvements at all since AJ called them out on it?

I hate to be this way but knowing uteps history …. We are starting to build momentum, starting to have things fall correctly this is the game we will lose and lose all momentum that’s how Utep works

I’m not arguing it doesn’t give help “at moments”, but the home field advantage is due to playing at home, and not the crowd size. Like I said, in reality doesn’t make a difference and has very little effect on the winner of the game.

Your arguments to this point indicated that crowd size doesn't help at all. Thanks for clarifying and acknowledging that it can help "at moments" throughout the game.

I disagree with your assessment that a large crowd "in reality doesn’t make a difference and has very little effect on the winner of the game." I'm on the side that believes it does make a difference. Because it's those "moments" that are impacted by the crowd that can make the difference between winning and losing. Every one of those "moments" make a difference. Every one.

Last edited:
Your arguments to this point indicated that crowd size doesn't help at all. Thanks for clarifying and acknowledging that it can help "at moments" throughout the game.

I disagree with your assessment that a large crowd "in reality doesn’t make a difference and has very little effect on the winner of the game." I'm on the side that believes it does make a difference. Because it's those "moments" that are impacted by the crowd that can make the difference between winning and losing. Every one of those "moments" make a difference. Every one.
That’s your opinion. I’m going to clarify my position one last time and that’s it for me. If that big crowd caused a handful of false starts, those would be “moments”. However, if the home team loses anyway, what good did those “moments” really do? Still lost. Does it matter if you lose by 3 instead of 20? Only to bettors.

I hate to be this way but knowing uteps history …. We are starting to build momentum, starting to have things fall correctly this is the game we will lose and lose all momentum that’s how Utep works
If the past is a lesson then you're probably right, but I think and believe they can win this, but will they I don't know. It could go either way, let's see, but at least we can hope.

Reactions: shyminer81
I feel the same way, UTEP builds momentum then lays a turd. I really hope they come out, with a fire! Even a close loss, will keep some momentum going. A blow out, and the balloon pops!

1pymhv.jpg

Anyone know the breakdown of ticket costs? Curious how many at each price point. I know the $70 tickets would not be my choice and that may be the case for many in EP as well. But I'm sure I could find a couple of $20 to $30 tickets and be ok with that. I'm wondering if the current group in the athletic department know how to guage the EP market. I would rather have UTEP make $600,000 per home football game with 30k fans paying an average of $20 per ticket than have only 15k in the stands for an average ticket cost of $40 to make that same $600,000. It looks and sounds much more impressive for UTEP.

Why is the El Paso star red? How long has it been like that? Or is supposed to be Orange for UTEP?

That’s your opinion. I’m going to clarify my position one last time and that’s it for me. If that big crowd caused a handful of false starts, those would be “moments”. However, if the home team loses anyway, what good did those “moments” really do? Still lost. Does it matter if you lose by 3 instead of 20? Only to bettors.

You're missing the point. "... it's those "moments" that are impacted by the crowd that can make the difference between winning and losing." No guarantee. "Can" make a difference, not "will" or "guaranteed to" or "pinky promise."

I think I'm starting to get annoyed with the media bashing UTEP fans for not going to games. Yes, the team is winning but UTEP fans have been getting burned for a long time and I think it's going to take more than winning this year to get them back.

I have always had season tickets and gone to games but I also understand that a lot of people aren't like me. I want to see a big crowd in every game but I know UTEP has to continue to put out a decent product to get people back. Maybe, hopefully, I'm wrong and we get 25k on Saturday. I remember when 25k was considered a bad crowd during the prices years.

Maybe I have just turned into NoWins light over the years lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT