ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Utah vs UTEP at the Don

I have mixed feelings about this tournament. I'm glad I got to watch some extra basketball but I'm concerned that it hurt the recruiting time that coaches could have been doing. If the core players do decide to come back then it was good experience and this is a moot point.

Overall I enjoyed this season more than others in recent memory. We have seen so many teams get worse as the season went on. This team actually improved as the season went on, which speaks to coaching. I really hope Golding is the guy we all think he could be. Time will tell. I'm tired of not going to the real tournament.

I have mixed feelings about this tournament. I'm glad I got to watch some extra basketball but I'm concerned that it hurt the recruiting time that coaches could have been doing. If the core players do decide to come back then it was good experience and this is a moot point.

Overall I enjoyed this season more than others in recent memory. We have seen so many teams get worse as the season went on. This team actually improved as the season went on, which speaks to coaching. I really hope Golding is the guy we all think he could be. Time will tell. I'm tired of not going to the real tournament.
With a high octane coach like Golding I think it doesn’t hurt. He said on post game he has a flight out first thing tomorrow morning and “embraces the transfer portal…players staying 3-4 years are over (it’s just the new reality)”.

I doubt that 12 days of recruiting will destroy their recruiting schedule. We’re not in battles with 4 star recruits with big schools. If you look at who UTEP’s offered, the majority of their competition is at or near their level. These coaches are salesmen and if you can sell a kid on a post season tournament, even a lower tiered one along with a 20 win season it may tip the scales in your favor.

Reactions: denverutep
I doubt that 12 days of recruiting will destroy their recruiting schedule. We’re not in battles with 4 star recruits with big schools. If you look at who UTEP’s offered, the majority of their competition is at or near their level. These coaches are salesmen and if you can sell a kid on a post season tournament, even a lower tiered one along with a 20 win season it may tip the scales in your favor.
I'm not saying it destroyed recruiting. I'm saying it might have hurt recruiting. I'm also not expecting a 4 star recruit, not sure where that came from. However, we could have recruited some transfers in that time. Transfers seem to try and choose schools quickly

I'm not saying it destroyed recruiting. I'm saying it might have hurt recruiting. I'm also not expecting a 4 star recruit, not sure where that came from. However, we could have recruited some transfers in that time. Transfers seem to try and choose schools quickly
You honestly think the staff hasn’t been recruiting during this tournament?

#25 on their bench was a stunod. They were well coached and we were scouted very well. I still wonder what effect Bieniemy would have had on the game.

I think after the NCAA Tournament finished is when it starts Sweeps Week for transfers for the most part.

Felt and sounded like a lot more.
The atmosphere is definitely louder and rowdier when the $10 a ticket fan come out. I even heard a cowbell and a freakin air horn blown through out the game. They also stepped up in the second half for a defensive stop several times and it’s the loudest I’ve heard it get all season. I’m a season ticket holder and the games seem like just a social gathering rather than a college basketball game…we need to accommodate those fans to get a true home court advantage for once.

Golding has made great strides and 22-23 look promising with claiming the crown in the west division aspirations; however, reality will bite tonight. Southern Utah should not be taken lightly but I have a hunch they will be but it's not like it's a NCAA Sweet 16 type tournament game. I agree with rounds; Boum and Bienemy need to go have fun tonight.

Sucky Ass Border College (According to Fili) 64
"Festival City College" 66

"Cedar City, Utah has earned the distinction of being Festival City, USA due to its incredible theatrical and cultural offerings: like the Utah Shakespeare Festival, Neil Simon Festival, Utah Summer Games and Cedar City Livestock & Heritage Festival. Cedar City was selected by Where To Retire Magazine as one of their “Top Five Places To Retire”.- Cedar City, Utah
2step, I wish it weren’t true, but you called this one. Just like you called the Marshall loss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT