ADVERTISEMENT

Best and most realistic take on how things may play out in CUSA, Sun Belt, AAC Realignment.

Wyoming has never liked us right?
Actually, for a little while Wyoming fan base wanted UTEP back in because of the great basketball rivalry. I have not ready anything bad out of Laramie regarding UTEP.

I don't care what most on here think of UTEP basketball, like NoNuts, but those outside the UTEP fan base think highly of UTEP basketball and the MWC does not really need another basketball school in the mix for competitive reasons. No upper levelmid major to P5 programs really like to play in the DHC in the first place.

No.

Other sites saying nothing is a done deal for Marshall. Only USM is a done deal. They are listening but not agreed on as of this very minute and there is nothing that I saw, please show me because I may have missed it, regarding Liberty.

Phones are ringing every hour for these AD's. The end of the week may be clearer but as of right now nothing concrete.

I guess technically you're right about Marshall. Their fans are saying they'll accept next week when they have their new president so he can usher in this new area.

Actually, for a little while Wyoming fan base wanted UTEP back in because of the great basketball rivalry. I have not ready anything bad out of Laramie regarding UTEP.

I don't care what most on here think of UTEP basketball, like NoNuts, but those outside the UTEP fan base think highly of UTEP basketball and the MWC does not really need another basketball school in the mix for competitive reasons. No upper levelmid major to P5 programs really like to play in the DHC in the first place.
“NoNuts” coming from a guy who accepted a bet, then made his prediction worse in his own favor, then backed out and still wanted a one sided bet while risking nothing, is pretty rich.

Yeah those Fennis Dembo fans from 35 years ago, sure do hold a lot of weight with the MWC and college basketball in general. Great insight!

So by that I guess you’re saying 27k is acceptable because U of H drew less. Interesting logic there
What’s wrong with his logic? UH has been consistently in the Top 25, is currently in a better conference, is going to a better conference, has a new stadium, and is in one of the largest cities in America.

How is it unacceptable for a school who is worse in all those categories, to draw less?

Reactions: JCorona
I don’t know man. I can see the MWC being a very distant goal. I think wherever we end up we need to take the approach that this is where we belong…at least for the time being. Not looking to bolt every time the ground shakes.

Always wanting to be where we’re not has only taken deeper into the depths of despair. We need to embrace where we end up as if we’re gonna be there forever and build solid, stable and successful programs. Sink whatever money we have into building from the foundation up. Position ourselves so that we get called up rather than us looking so desperately for someone to take us. Just my take. Embrace the suck and turn it into something.

Who knows, maybe we’ll even be able to tell the MW to **** off someday when they need us. That’d be poetic justice!
We belong in the MW and we have basically since its inception. It's our natural fit and it has been for years.

How does Memphis feel about this?? They got left behind again. Didnt they want to join the Big 12?? The new schools added doesnt help with Basketball.

We belong in the MW and we have basically since its inception. It's our natural fit and it has been for years.
Don’t mean to be dark but it’s Saturday night, having some brewskies and it’s feeling like a fall night with a buddy whose wife just left him and your trying to console him. “The thrill is gone and you gonna be sorry some day”- “The thrill is gone”; BB King

So by that I guess you’re saying 27k is acceptable because U of H drew less. Interesting logic there
Acceptable or not, this is the bigger issue... Senter, Stull would always say that winning solves everything.

Well, we could have a 7-1 football team playing an undefeated, ranked opponent in two weeks, and there's no guarantee attendance would reach 30k.

We suck enough; our admin couldn't / shouldn't have waited around for "winning" to solve everything.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT