ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s have another downtown arena chat

Nobody has given a reasonable idea for what events or team is going to put dates on calendar. That’s why it’s not needed. The city wants to put it downtown, they don’t want to work with UTEP, so that’s the deal.
No anchor tenant(s).

It’s kind of “build it and they might come?”

Everything about you is negative . Thats why El Paso will never prosper because of people like you in El Paso.
El Paso will never prosper because people like you are looped into the stereotype of being uneducated and dumb.

No one seriously believes that El Paso would be a legitimate relocation attempt for the Coyotes. It’s beyond dumb. Dumber than dumb.

No anchor tenant(s).

It’s kind of “build it and they might come?”
Is it? Look at the “pro” leagues around the country, what league would come here? And then, who would go to those games?

Ft Worth has a lacrosse team in Dickies. Are you upset we can’t have that?

The same events and maybe even better ones that go to the Don. Now the city keeps all profits and at the same time revitalizes downtown.

When I went to to the Locomotive game I didn't feel like I was in El Paso. The Abraham Chavez theater had a long entrance line. I don't know what event was happening at the convention center but that had a line too. After the game a ton of people were walking around from all three buildings. SWUP, theater and convention center.

You don't understand that kind of lifestyle.
I do, since I go to Locomotive and Chihuahuas games on occasion. I’ve also visited many major cities.

Downtown will never be “revitalized” as long as you have a bunch of poor people crossing over everyday buying cheap goods.

El Paso will never prosper because people like you are looped into the stereotype of being uneducated and dumb.

No one seriously believes that El Paso would be a legitimate relocation attempt for the Coyotes. It’s beyond dumb. Dumber than dumb.
No El Paso goes nowhere because of people like you always saying no. You and whoever is the leader blocking the arena are probably friends.

Is it? Look at the “pro” leagues around the country, what league would come here? And then, who would go to those games?

Ft Worth has a lacrosse team in Dickies. Are you upset we can’t have that?
I was referring to the city’s arena “strategy.”

I do, since I go to Locomotive and Chihuahuas games on occasion. I’ve also visited many major cities.

Downtown will never be “revitalized” as long as you have a bunch of poor people crossing over everyday buying cheap goods.
1.7 billon doesnt seem like poor people buying cheap goods. Keep up that mentality. Without realizing that El Pasoans are their own worst enemies to revitalization.

https://amp.elpasotimes.com/amp/90090206

Uhh, you just shit on a neighborhood posters here love.
Well I want know how sunset heights has improved?? What is there that is new?? Isnt there a gang problem there?? I use to play basketball at Sunset Heights . I grew up hanging out there.

Minerfan said he drove by there in 2005?? Also that it has thrived. What is new there?? How has it thrived?? I haven't been in that area in a while. What is new?? I just remember in the 90s it wasnt a safe area.

1.7 billon doesnt seem like poor people buying cheap goods. Keep up that mentality. Without realizing that El Pasoans are their own worst enemies to revitalization.

https://amp.elpasotimes.com/amp/90090206
“ He said that the organization that most closely examines similar information is the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas in El Paso, which estimates that Mexican residents spend about $1.7 billion per year on this side of the border.”

Doesn’t say they’re all from Juarez or that the 1.7 billion is all spent downtown. What major retailers are downtown?

“ He said that the organization that most closely examines similar information is the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas in El Paso, which estimates that Mexican residents spend about $1.7 billion per year on this side of the border.”

Doesn’t say they’re all from Juarez or that the 1.7 billion is all spent downtown. What major retailers are downtown?
Why don't you prove your point that they're all poor people buying cheap goods. It's obvious you have zero idea what's involved in getting a visa to travel into the USA.

No El Paso goes nowhere because of people like you always saying no. You and whoever is the leader blocking the arena are probably friends.
Go back and read my response. If I were friends with Grossman, my take would probably be different.

Trust me, nobody think bringing the Coyotes here is a good idea. Not because they’re “negative”, but because they don’t huff paint in their free time.

Let’s relocate NASA here, and the Coast Guard, and Amazon, and Apple, and Honda, and maybe the Knicks will play at the Don. We just need paint huffers like yourself to rattle off impossible ideas!

Why don't you prove your point that they're all poor people buying cheap goods. It's obvious you have zero idea what's involved in getting a visa to travel into the USA.
Next time, you’re here, take a trip to the real downtown and visit the shops and look at the people there. Go close to where this arena was supposed to be built. Put yourself in the shoes of a white person with money from Nebraska and see if you would ever step foot there again.

Next time, you’re here, take a trip to the real downtown and visit the shops and look at the people there. Go close to where this arena was supposed to be built. Put yourself in the shoes of a white person with money from Nebraska and see if you would ever step foot there again.
So zero proof that that "a bunch of poor people are crossing over everyday buying cheap goods"

Like always just spitting bs. Might as well be Filis paint huffing best friend.

The Nebraskans might meet and like some Mennonites.

• Haha
Reactions: TxRdKiller
The Nebraskans might meet and like some Mennonites.
I don't even know what Nebraska has to do with anything. Are we building the arena for El Paso or for tourists? Seems to me that building an arena and having events at it would motivate other businesses to move in. Maybe a couple of apartment complexes and a few bars and restaurants. That could be the start of a snowball effect. I've already seen a bunch of new places that didn't exist before SWUP. What do I know? Some El Pasoans just don't want to see their city progress.

I don't even know what Nebraska has to do with anything. Are we building the arena for El Paso or for tourists? Seems to me that building an arena and having events at it would motivate other businesses to move in. Maybe a couple of apartment complexes and a few bars and restaurants. That could be the start of a snowball effect. I've already seen a bunch of new places that didn't exist before SWUP. What do I know? Some El Pasoans just don't want to see their city progress.
I think most voters do want progress — they passed the bonds after all. Plus, huge bonds for schools.

Reactions: Rot and TxRdKiller
So zero proof that that "a bunch of poor people are crossing over everyday buying cheap goods"

Like always just spitting bs. Might as well be Filis paint huffing best friend.
The proof is that you haven’t been and seen it. There’s no Best Buy, Target, WalMart, Rolex, Timex, PetSmart, Applebee’s, Sizzler, or anything other than cheap stuff down there. If I saw an area that had 1.7 billion in sales, I would want some of that action. They do right? Just in better parts of the city where those people aren’t. JC Penny closed their downtown location years ago - bad sales and high theft.

Go visit the next time you’re here and prove that I am full of shit.

It’s a bad part of town, that no outsider would want to visit. Unless they’re interested in 10 socks for $1 or knockoff merch. That’s the point.

Reactions: kickballpro
The proof is that you haven’t been and seen it. There’s no Best Buy, Target, WalMart, Rolex, Timex, PetSmart, Applebee’s, Sizzler, or anything other than cheap stuff down there. If I saw an area that had 1.7 billion in sales, I would want some of that action. They do right? Just in better parts of the city where those people aren’t. JC Penny closed their downtown location years ago - bad sales and high theft.

Go visit the next time you’re here and prove that I am full of shit.
So because two blocks of downtown sell cheap goods that means downtown will never be revitalized. Typical backwards El Paso mentality. I guess you've never heard of gentrification.

So because two blocks of downtown sell cheap goods that means downtown will never be revitalized. Typical backwards El Paso mentality. I guess you've never heard of gentrification.
Yeah, I’ve heard of it. Guess we need Foster to buy all those 10 socks for $1 little shops and we can have nice stuff. Just re-name downtown “Fostertown”

Yeah, I’ve heard of it. Guess we need Foster to buy all those 10 socks for $1 little shops and we can have nice stuff. Just re-name downtown “Fostertown”
That's not how much they cost. You need to get out more often. El Paso was on the right track with SWUP and the downtown arena. Little by little block by block. Like I said it's not my fight, it's not my city anymore. I gave up and moved away. Y'all do or don't whatever the hell Y'all want to....

I don't mean to come up with a racial optic point of view, but why does the white person from Nebraska with money stepping a foot into this arena have to be a matter of life or death ???? The arena is to arrack people from El Paso, from Juarez, from Chihuahua, from Las Cruces, perhaps from Albuquerque, Alamogordo, Sierra Blanca, Van Horn. Come on......... you can do better!

Because people are buying and restoring the houses there. Awesome architecture.
Ha that doesn't mean its thriving. To me thriving means there is a new whole foods in the area. A outlet mall and shops. Where the new Top Golf and Ifly is now that area is thriving.

Someone with inside knowledge told me the arena @ Duranguito is dead. City is going to sell the property.

Someone with inside knowledge told me the arena @ Duranguito is dead. City is going to sell the property.
Forget about the Arena, it will NOT be built, at least in that area, the project is dead. Maybe it could built it between St Vain St, Paisano, E. Overland and S. Cotton. There is a big lot there with train tracks and some wharehouses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT