ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU @ UTEP BB: OPT, Attendance and Game Thread

Miners 66
Aggies 76

I just don't think that we have enough fire power.

Aggies clobbered a nobody and Miners lost by 15 to a somebody. I feel that the game will be very tight and fear that The Ags will emerge victorious like 73 -69. I'm optimistic for the season tho after playing together for a while, learning each other's skills, etc. and think we'll be a 17 to 20 win team

Reactions: mikesarabia
Did UTEP shrink their student section to just sections A&Z This year or is that my imagination? thought it Used to cover a few other sections.

Reactions: kickballpro
"The I-10 Battle: The Realm of the Unknown" is how I would title this one.

New faces all around except but tons of talent; coaches and players.

UTEP is major league battle tested and the team appears gelled together but not efficient in scoring, yet. Let's not kid ourselves, NMSU may be in the WAC, heading to CUSA, but they have major conference league talent. This will be like playing UAB early. Thank goodness the Don is almost sold out. Heiar has worked the big leagues, he helped build some of them (Wichita State and LSU).

Either UTEP will look tired from the brutal past month or have re-energized fresh legs.

NMSU 78
UTEP 72

The game will be a sellout. UTEP needs to win this game. The first game hype is great - and Senter deserves credit for it - but you kill the community buzz if you lose.

Reactions: SAMINERGIRL
Remembering the first game hype for football. The disappointing performance after the great turnout killed the remaining games attendance. I pray that in the basketball game we have a win or at least a competitive performance or there'll be the same outcome.

Aggies-51- Miners-52, UTEP announces a sellout, with approx 8k in attendance... Still great though! I think UTEP can win this one, they played Texas tough, and Texas smashed HCU by over 50, and at one point they were up nearly 60. Not much to gauge on, but I take it as a positive, for a team that may not need much time to "bond"

• Haha
Reactions: FarWestTexas
Aggies-51- Miners-52, UTEP announces a sellout, with approx 8k in attendance... Still great though! I think UTEP can win this one, they played Texas tough, and Texas smashed HCU by over 50, and at one point they were up nearly 60. Not much to gauge on, but I take it as a positive, for a team that may not need much time to "bond"
Texas was 3-22 on 3s vs. HCU — woof.

NMSU opened as a 1pt fav last night, woke up to UTEP being -1, I hit the u132 last night and now the total is 136, the market for this game is interesting and hard to gauge both teams. Here is Golding’s shot to get people excited about UTEP hoops in November. Such a big game for the program IMO I’m gonna waste money on CUSA TV for 24 hours.

NMSU opened as a 1pt fav last night, woke up to UTEP being -1, I hit the u132 last night and now the total is 136, the market for this game is interesting and hard to gauge both teams. Here is Golding’s shot to get people excited about UTEP hoops in November. Such a big game for the program IMO I’m gonna waste money on CUSA TV for 24 hours.
Agree re: both teams being unknowns. But we’re fixin’ to know more.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
H
How much is it?

MIners - 82
Aggies - 66
I reviewed all of the predictions and I like yours
the best. Beating the Ags would be fantastic, but beating them by 16 would be astounding.
Looks like they have a truckload of scorers. It remains to be seen if we have any.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Hard to judge what team shows up for the Miners. Since its a home game, I look to a rather high scoring game like 71 to 68..
Get there early, stand tall and shout loud..
This game goes down to the wire..

Reactions: Dmanminer
We have to do a better job inbounding the ball. Shouldn't have to burn a TO on an early game inbound

I don't know if the fans are just late to arrive, but this doesn't look line anything close to a sellout
Fans have always been late to arrive. Usually just before tipoff (like 5 mins before) is when it gets filled

maybe times have changed from what i remember

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT